The Wiccan Rede

The Wiccan Rede

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mind power

The mind is a very powerful thing, more powerful than most people believe. With your mind you have the ability to overcome physical boundaries. I am not talking about telekinesis where you mentally move objects, although some people claim that it is possible. Have you ever heard the phrase mind over matter? That is what I am talking about. I will give some examples to clear things up.

This winter I was out in the snow and my knees were so cold that they actually hurt. I decided to try out a little exercise. I sat down in the snow and imagined myself being warm. I mentally ignored the cold and replaced it with a false sense of warmth. Of course, my body was still cold as ice, but I temporarily wasn't feeling it.

The other day I was in the car and I had to pee so badly that I worried I might pee in my pants. I mentally overrode my need to pee and just held out until I got home. I was fine, but it was only temporary.

I am sure you could do the same for a headache or any sort of pain. You could do it for lots of things. The key is mind over matter. The mind is very powerful, it is the most powerful tool humans possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment